Information relating to the Bar Examination 2016
BAR EXAMINATION 2016
The Bar Examination will be held from 1st to 10th August 2016, with one examination each working day on the following schedule:
- Monday Paper 1: Civil Code of Seychelles
- Tuesday Paper 2: Seychelles Code of Civil Procedure
- Wednesday Paper 3: Property law including:
- Immovable Property (Judicial Sales) Act
- The Immovable Property (Transfer Restriction) Act
- The Land Registration Act
- The Mortgage and Registrations Act
- Thursday Paper 4: Penal Code and the Criminal Procedure Code
- Friday Paper 5: The Law of Evidence
- Monday Paper 6: Commercial Code and Company Law
- Tuesday Paper 7: Family Law including
- Civil Status Act,
- Children Act, and
- Matrimonial Causes Act
- Wednesday Paper 8: Constitutional and Administrative Law
Applications to write the Bar Examination must be received by the Registrar of the Supreme Court by 30 June 2016.
Please read the document Rules and Procedures for the Bar Examination (attached) that contains all of the information required for candidates to apply and write the Bar Examination.
Past papers from previous Bar Examinations and some sample questions are available for download below.